India is a fascinating combination of developed and developing worlds, and this contrast was seen on my very first day on landing in Delhi. Simply comparing Old Delhi with New Delhi set me up for an amazing tour of an amazing country. I also gained a little bit of insight into the types of illnesses one can encounter on the subcontinent. Some of the serious, and not-so-serious, topics dealt with this week include:
- A storm in a coke bottle - the Indian political debate over minute levels of pesticides in soft drinks - whilst most of the country does not even have clean drinking water.
- How to make the "Mother of Satan" bomb, and other Indian takes on terrorism - a real day-to-day issue for the country.
- Travel bugs - helping my suffering brother through Indian hospitals.
- Maharaja scientists.
- Sun burn makes you crazy.
- Music and HIV.
- The Taj Mahal's own "Da Vinci Code" -esque intrigue.
Listen to this show here